Soft facilities management services
Soft facilities management to ensure your property operates efficiently
Soft facilities management, or soft FM, refers to the non-technical services which keep facilities funning smoothly. Eric Wright FM delivers soft FM services that make your organisation more pleasant to work in, enhance the day-to-day lives of workers and keep your premises secure.
Our soft facilities management (Soft FM) services range from being additional services which help ensure the smooth running of your organisation and the productivity and morale of your staff, to proactive tasks which help prevent small issues from escalating into larger ones, ultimately requiring more complex hard facilities management.
Benefits of soft FM include:
Staff attraction and retention
Many soft FM services translate into employee benefits, such as onsite catering, or environmental improvements, such as attractively landscaped grounds. These can help your organisation stand ahead of the competition.
Culture and morale
A proactive approach to aoft FM and the maintenance of a clean, attractive and comfortable working environment can generate a more collaborative and engaged culture and improve employee loyalty.
Staff productivity can be improved directly by a well-maintained working environment, whilst events like meetings, conferences and training sessions can be made far more efficient and effective with the introduction of services such as in-house catering and well-organised reception and porter services.
Prolonged premises lifespan
Soft FM services such as janitorial and cleaning services and landscaping can help prevent small cleanliness or environmental issues escalating into damaging physical ones, which can affect your health and safety standing or be costly to fix.
Save resource on in-house management
Managing soft facilities management in-house can be costly and complex, involving numerous different teams, skills sets and management challenges. Outsourcing some or all of your soft FM as an integrated service drives efficiency and reduces complexity.
Our core soft FM services
- Grounds and soft landscaping: gardening design and maintenance, adjusted seasonally to ensure that all areas are well-maintained and attractive, always.
- Hard landscaping: design and management of car parks, pathways and other outdoor areas to ensure optimal use of space, an attractive and efficient layout and safety for all users.
- Waste management: regular bin collections and one-off collections, integrated wherever necessary with sustainability policies, business waste recycling targets and disposal streams.
- Catering and hospitality: vending, catering and hospitality services to ensure that employees and visitors alike have access to refreshment when needed, and meetings and events can be seamlessly catered for.
- Winter gritting and snow clearance: seasonal work to ensure safety for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians, with hard landscaping protected and maintained throughout the colder months.
- Pest control: one-off and ongoing pest control programmes, ensuring safety and good hygiene practices throughout the premises.
- Reception and porter services: multiple levels of service according to the scale and scope of your organisation, and other internal resource.
- Caretaking: a wide variety of internal and external caretaking work, to optimise your premises and proactively maintain your entire environment.
- Cleaning: daily, weekly and monthly scheduled cleans as well as specialist and deep cleaning, window cleaning and gutter cleans.
Eric Wright FM's approach to soft FM
Eric Wright is proud to offer soft FM services to a range of public and private sector organisations. Our ‘one team’ approach ensures that that soft facilities management is smooth and seamless client-side, with a single point of contact. However, by drawing on both our on-site teams and specialist service partners, we are able to ensure that our clients benefit from precisely the right skills and expertise for every task.
Delivering soft facilities management well requires an in-depth understanding of our clients’ businesses and day-to-day operations, to ensure that soft FM is a help, not a hindrance. It also requires a careful awareness of client budgets and commerciality, to ensure that resource is not wasted on unnecessary tasks and that the level of service is tailored to the needs of the organisation in question.
We use – and continually invest in – a state-of-the-art computer aided facilities management (CAFM) system, which delivers innovative functionality, comprehensive visibility and robust control for our clients.
Facilities management with Eric Wright is always utterly bespoke to the needs of the organisation. We work closely with you to identify your key needs, to ascertain which can be met in-house or by third parties and deliver an integrated facilities management contract so that multiple moving parts are seen through a single pane of glass.
Our facilities management services are supported by:
24/7/365 service desk
Our constantly-manned service desk coordinates service delivery to clients nationwide. Whether you have an emergency to deal with immediately, a planned or routine task to schedule in or a general question about your facilities management contract, there is always someone available to talk to.
Project and programme management
We know how complicated the processes of procuring, implementing and evaluating facilities management programmes can be, especially when multiple different services are being managed simultaneously. Our project management services help you to deliver complex change programmes seamlessly and transparently.
When third parties are involved in delivering facilities management services, we can help you make sense of your contracts, negotiate the most favourable terms, set clear KPIs and targets for ROI and evaluate contracts on an ongoing basis.Ready to start your journey with Eric Wright
Why use Eric Wright FM?
- A northern facilities powerhouse, our head office and board are based in the heart of Lancashire.
- Part of the wider Eric Wright Group and with charitable trust status, we’re able to focus on the long-term goals and organisational objectives of our clients. Unlike a PLC we aren’t driven by shareholder value.
- We understand the importance for your business to have a partner you can depend on, for all your property needs all year round. We offer a 24-hour service, 365 days of the year.
- Our public and multi-private sector experience enables us to review, plan, organise, and manage your properties in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- We have a trusted reputation for client-centric approach to service delivery. Our people are our brand and we invest in making sure our quality services are always professionally supported.
- Employees take pride in delivering a personal, responsive, honest and accountable service to all clients without exception.
- Extensive range of Soft FM services, which can all be delivered as one contract with one point of contact.