Hard facilities management services
Hard facilities management from Eric Wright FM
Hard facilities management, or Hard FM, refers to the physical or technical services required to keep the building fabric of premises in an appropriate condition. Hard FM services are often required as part of legal and regulatory frameworks, ensuring the statutory compliance of assets within buildings, and in turn the safety and welfare of the people who work there.
From compliance to commercial cleaning, security to water treatment, pest control to predictive maintenance, we have a comprehensive portfolio of facilities management and property consultancy services.
Any business with physical premises needs to undertake Hard FM in order to achieve statutory compliance and ensure the safety of its workers. Fail to achieve this compliance and you risk incurring fines, reputational damage and even your operations being pulled to a halt. But self-delivery of Hard FM can be costly and complex; outsourcing to a single Hard FM contract means you can depend on true industry experts, bringing best practice, consistency and a single point of contact to every Hard FM element.
Benefits of Hard FM include:
Legal and regulatory compliance
Whilst compliance is a must rather than a nice-to-have, an integrated approach to hard FM can make the achievement and maintenance of disparate compliance requirements more efficient. It can also make compliance easier to demonstrate on an ongoing basis.
Having a planned maintenance schedule in place can dramatically enhance the energy efficiency of buildings, through everything from choosing the most effective supplier to ensuring less heat loss from premises. This leads to reduced utilities bills and an improved environmental footprint.
Prolonged premises lifespan
Investment in property is not just about the capital build or purchase costs, but also about looking after the property longer-term. Well-maintained premises have longer operational lifespans, and have less risk of small lapses in condition escalating into costly incidents. Hard FM services ensure that your physical assets are kept in optimum condition for the long-haul.
Save resource on in-house management
The knowledge required to deliver comprehensive Hard FM and achieve comprehensive statutory compliance can quickly become outdated. Additionally, focus on Hard FM can take resource away from core business activities. Outsourcing some or all of your Hard FM as an integrated service removes the pressure of keeping up-to-date with changing requirements, and frees up internal resource to focus on your business.
Our core Hard FM services
- Planned and reactive maintenance: repair and maintenance work to keep physical premises in optimal condition. Planned maintenance ensures a background level of quality control, whilst reactive maintenance responds to one-off incidents and faults.
- Mechanical and electrical: management of all relevant systems and equipment, ensuring optimal performance and energy efficiency.
- Water hygiene management: ensuring that all water supplies meet hygiene requirements for drinking, cleaning and other uses.
- Energy management: a range of services to ensure that your organisation uses energy as efficiently as possible, from choosing the most appropriate supplier to putting tools and processes in place to optimise energy usage.
- Lifecycle planning and management: a proactive approach to the management of physical assets and premises, maximising their useful lifespan and ensuring a long-term approach to upgrades, repairs and replacements.
- Utilities procurement: support with selecting the most appropriate utilities providers and packages for your organisation’s needs, negotiating contracts and managing the procurement process end-to-end.
- Statutory maintenance: all maintenance and repair work required for legal and regulatory frameworks, with audit trails and records provided as required.
- Dilapidation advice and settlements.
- Architectural and building design service (including feasibility services): consultancy on the design and development of new buildings and premises, including all necessary liaison and negotiation with third parties.
- Value engineering: improving the value of premises and services by examining and evaluating their function, enabling you to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of buildings, utilities and third parties.
- Principal designer services (CDM 2015): management of all health and safety involved with any new construction project.
- Planning applications: end-to-end support with the development, submission and appeals process for any planning application.
- Building regulation applications: end-to-end support with the development, submission and amendment process for any building regulation application.
- Building condition surveys: comprehensive assessment and evaluation of building condition, to ensure safety, energy efficiency and lifespan planning.
- Producing and updating electronic drawings and floorplans.
- Party wall surveys and advice under the Party Wall Act.
- Preparation and implementation of strategic estates: a range of consultancy and advisory services to ensure a strategic, long-term view of estates management in line with your organisation’s goals and future planning.
Eric Wright FM's approach to Hard FM
Eric Wright is proud to offer hard FM services to a range of public and private sector organisations. Our ‘one team’ approach ensures that that hard facilities management is smooth and seamless client-side, with a single point of contact wherever possible. However, by drawing on both our on-site teams and specialist service partners, we are able to ensure that our clients benefit from precisely the right skills and expertise for every task.
Delivering hard facilities management well requires both commercial acumen – to guarantee value for money for our clients – and a robust understanding of all relevant legal and regulatory frameworks – to ensure that work is carried out in a fully compliant manner.
We use – and continually invest in – a state-of-the-art computer aided facilities management (CAFM) system, which delivers innovative functionality, comprehensive visibility and robust control for our clients.
Facilities management with Eric Wright is always utterly bespoke to the needs of the organisation. We work closely with you to identify your key needs, to ascertain which can be met in-house or by third parties, and deliver an integrated facilities management contract so that multiple moving parts are seen through a single pane of glass.
Our facilities management services are supported by:
24/7/365 service desk
Our constantly-manned service desk coordinates service delivery to clients nationwide. Whether you have an emergency to deal with immediately, a planned or routine task to schedule in or a general question about your facilities management contract, there is always someone available to talk to.
Project and programme management
We know how complicated the processes of procuring, implementing and evaluating facilities management programmes can be, especially when multiple different services are being managed simultaneously. Our project management services help you to deliver complex change programmes seamlessly and transparently.
When third parties are involved in delivering facilities management services, we can help you make sense of your contracts, negotiate the most favourable terms, set clear KPIs and targets for ROI and evaluate contracts on an ongoing basis.
Ready to start your journey with Eric Wright
Why use Eric Wright FM?
- Our board and senior management team are based at our Preston head office resulting in quick, centralised decision making.
- We are part of the wider Eric Wright Group and with charitable trust status, we’re able to focus on the long-term goals and organisational objectives of our clients. Unlike a PLC we aren’t driven by shareholder value or threatened by acquisition.
- Every pound after Group profits have been realised are either redirected into the business or invested by the Trust for Charitable giving.
- We have a trusted reputation for a client-centric approach to service delivery.
- Eric Wright FM adopts a compliance-first approach. We work with clients to ensure their facilities are regulatory compliant with works carried out under a practical duty of care framework.
- We understand the importance for your business to have a partner you can depend on, for all your property needs all year round. We offer a 24-hour service, 365 days of the year.
- Our extensive public and multi-private sector experience enables us to review, plan, organise, and manage your properties in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- We are a financially stable company. Not only do we have the backing of the Eric Wright Group behind us, but we have a forward revenue stream providing stability, reassurance and reliability.
- Extensive range of Hard FM services, which can all be delivered as one contract with one point of contact.