Frequently Asked Questions
Facilities management is an organisational function which integrates people, place and process within the built environment with the purpose of efficiently delivering support services and effectively improving the quality of life of people and the productivity of the core business.
FM outsourcing includes managing the maintenance of your premises to ensure your staff have all of the essential elements they need to carry out their roles effectively. You can outsource a single service or find a total fm solution.
FM outsourcing may lead to a leaner, more efficient organisation that can concentrate on their core business.
Click here to see an A-Z of our services. However, if there is something you require that isn’t core to our offering, then depending on the size of your overall FM contract, then we can in all probability fulfil your requirement either by bringing the service in-house or outsourcing to one of our appointed specialist sub-contractors.
Eric Wright FM delivers facilities management and building consultancy services across the spectrum. Our services can be delivered as:
- a single solution for large organisations with multiple sites,
- a bundled offering of two or more services, or
- a fully integrated ‘total’ facilities management service, with one point of contact for all your management needs.
A company that specialises in providing one type of service. We generally only deliver large single service contracts. If it’s a simple cleaning service you require, then in all honesty Eric Wright FM isn’t a good fit for your organisation.
A company that bundles two related services together. We deliver this type of service to a number of clients across commercial and public sectors.
Integrated FM providers deliver their services themselves or sub-contract. This means they remove unnecessary management overhead, simplifying FM management and train and develop multi-skilled people to deliver a service to suit your business model. Eric Wright FM predominantly delivers a total facilities management service.
Broadly speaking we can save money by creating and managing a more effective team for you both on and off site. However, every organisational contract is unique. So, cost savings will depend on what services you take, pre-agreed SLAs as well as how compliant your current FM service delivery currently is. If you want a more detailed breakdown of indicative savings and projected ROI, then we recommend getting in touch to set up a meeting with one of our consultants.
The more information and detail provided by the client at the start of discussions will help to maximise cost savings.
Often, we find clients don’t reference cost-savings as the biggest benefit (though it is a major benefit). Instead, they quote the freedom to step away from micro management and the day to day operations enabling them to focus on strategic initiatives, whilst experiencing a more efficient service.
Other core benefits include:
- Access to expert knowledge
- A single point of contact
- Better procurement for an asset refresh
- Improved management of exisitng resources and
- Increased staff retention
Yes, this can be incorporated into a contract subject to meeting our PQQ standards including ISO 14001, 9001, OHSAS 1800. Also we often find a client’s existing suppliers work out more expensive than using Eric Wright FM in-house resource or approved suppliers with negotiated rates.
We agree and establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) at the contract stage and Eric Wright is scored against this at regular performance reviews.
We regularly audit our services and use a CAFM system to capture the information.
We work very closely with our clients and each contract is tailored to your individual needs. Any changes that you request can be discussed with your management team at any time during the contract duration or can be submitted through the change request process outlined in the contract.
This is entirely dependent on you. Normally commercial contracts are between 2-5 years. That said we have a handful of one-year contracts and a number of contracts that last up to 30 years under PFI and LIFT agreements.
We recommend longer contract periods since it’s better for you – you generally get a preferential price and are buffered from eternal price increases. And it’s better for Eric Wright FM as we can deliver longer-term strategic value for clients, thereby creating a better ROI for you.
Yes, it can and does. Each facilities management contract is bespoke to a client. However, it can include all required resources at weekends and bank holidays. It can also be offered as a 24×7 service with tight SLAs.
Our service desk operated 24/7 and we have a call rota of technical staff covering out of hours service requirements.
- Our board and senior management team are based at our Preston head office resulting in quick, centralised decision making.
- We are part of the wider Eric Wright Group and with charitable trust status, we’re able to focus on the long-term goals and organisational objectives of our clients. Unlike a PLC we aren’t driven by shareholder value or threatened by acquisition.
- Every pound after Group profits have been realised are either redirected into the business or invested by the Trust for Charitable giving.
- We have a trusted reputation for a client-centric approach to service delivery.
- Eric Wright FM adopts a compliance-first approach. We work with clients to ensure their facilities are regulatory compliant with works carried out under a practical duty of care framework.
- We understand the importance for your business to have a partner you can depend on, for all your property needs all year round. We offer a 24-hour service, 365 days of the year.
- Our extensive public and multi-private sector experience enables us to review, plan, organise, and manage your properties in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- We are a financially stable company. Not only do we have the backing of the Eric Wright Group behind us, but we have a forward revenue stream providing stability, reassurance and reliability.