Building surveying & project management
Multi-disciplinary building surveying services throughout the North of England
As well as FM services, we provide multi-disciplinary building consultancy services throughout the North of England. The professional services team has grown to provide services in property management and maintenance services to school buildings, project management, building surveying, condition surveys, principal designer services and education grant funding applications.
We have an ethos of delivering both quality and a first class hands-on service. Every project is treated with an equal level of importance; this level of service is reflected in the significant number of instructions which have been received from both our new and existing client base.
Our team of property and technical advisors are experienced in delivering a wide variety of projects in values between £10k to over £5m. Our team is also experienced in delivering projects as contractor administrator on healthcare, education, commercial, design and build and LIFT projects.
We understand that a strong project team with strict management is essential. Our team pride themselves on their ability to administer the stringent control mechanisms developed by the Partnership, to deliver projects on time and within budget, whilst achieving the high standards of quality demanded by Clients. All aspects of project management can be handled on your behalf including the following service elements:
- Acting as Lead Consultant and overall project lead
- End to end project management(appointment and management of designers, tendering and management of tender process and management of on-site activities)
- Cost management
- Design management
- Co-ordination of statutory approvals
- Procurement advice
- Risk management
- Post-handover advice including hard/soft FM offer, statutory compliance/service contract advice.
Over the past 12 months, our team has managed the decoration of over 31,000 sq. m of internal walls, 8,500 linear metres of woodwork and conducted over 300 inspections, site visits and condition surveys.
Building surveying services
Our Chartered Building Surveyors (RCIS) have a detailed knowledge of a wide range of property and construction related matters. This knowledge enables us to provide advice in regards to acquisitions, development, adaptation, refurbishment, maintenance, legal compliance and disposals. We have a wide skill base and a wealth of experience from working across all markets and sectors. The depth of knowledge, commitment and technical expertise enables us to provide the highest quality of service and to deliver innovative solutions to client property requirements.
The services we can provide include:
- Building Surveys of Commercial and Industrial properties
- Feasibility studies / option appraisals
- Contract administration, monitoring and management
- Planned maintenance
- Statutory compliance and service contracts
- Design, specification and management of small projects including statutory approvals
- Acting as Principal Designer under CDM 2015
- Specialist surveys (pre-acquisition/condition/specialist surveys tailored to the Client needs)
- Building pathology (defect analysis/remediation advice/specification of repairs/supervision)
- Witnessing of handover for larger project, close out, snagging, etc
- Dilapidations (acting for Landlord or Tenant)/schedules of condition/schedule of repair
- Bid preparation by agreement with existing clients for submission