Supporting the local community
The ethos of the Charitable Trust is embedded throughout the business and at Eric Wright Construction we make a conscious effort to contribute to the communities in which we work.
In partnership with local organisations and our supply chain, we create apprenticeships, training and work opportunities on all of our schemes. Our site management teams also go the extra mile and have raised thousands for local charities through marathons, cycle rides and many other events.
We recognise the importance of minimising the impact of our works on the environment and aim for zero waste to landfill and promote the use of local and recycled materials. Sustainable technologies are incorporated into both the running of our sites and into the design of our buildings to provide the most energy efficient and environmentally friendly outcomes.
Our contributions include:
- Providing apprenticeships and work placements
- Training and employment opportunities
- Shared apprenticeship schemes
- Working with Jobcentre Plus, local organisations and Apprenticeship Training Agencies
- Career workshops and fairs
- School assemblies and classes
- Site tours for local schools, colleges and universities
- Use of a local supply chain
- Participation in community events
- Newsletters and updates
- Donations through cash, raffle prizes, food banks etc.
- Fundraising events
- Operating in a fair and ethical manner
- Incorporating green technologies and providing sustainable building design
- Dedication to carbon reduction
Commenting on the 6,000th placement with Blackpool Build Up
“The Lotus School is especially important as it is the first of its kind for Blackpool and means that local children with special educational needs can be taught in their home town and not have to travel outside of the Borough.”