Eric Wright Construction are one of only 25 Tier One Contractors to achieve BSI BIM Level 2 Certification. Click here to view full certificate.
As a business, we utilise Revit as our preferred system and Navisworks to allow exchange of information between different 3-D models within the CDE; we have also now invested in BIM 360 Glue, enabling us to work effectively with a wide range of clients, consultant design teams and supply chain members.
We have made a significant investment in BIM enabled technology and training, adopting BIM on a number of public sector contracts.
These include multi-award winning Lancaster University Engineering Building and award winning Talbot Road Blackpool Council Offices.
Our Design Managers and operational teams have participated in BIM training and can work from the Employer’s Information Requirements (EIRs) to produce a BIM Execution Plan (BEP) if required; or we can work in collaboration with the design team, contributing to a consultant’s BEP.
Benefits for working in BIM include:
- Effective collaboration between the client, design team, supply chain and ourselves
- Options for the client team to view latest models and design information on the CDE
- Clash detection, saving cost and programme
- Use of Construction Operations Building Information Exchange (COBie) data format for consistent classification of client assets
- Incorporation of BIM asset information with CAFM help desk software, leading to more effective FM operations for the client