Through competitive tender, EWFM secured a national contract delivering education property services for Star Academies.
Star Academies is a mixed multi-academy trust that runs a diverse network of primary and secondary schools across the country.
It is particularly renowned for taking on low achieving schools and implementing its own management structure to restore reputation and success.
EWFM now manages 19 academies across the UK; located in Preston, Bolton, Blackburn, Blackpool, Manchester and Bradford, Birmingham and London.
Star Academies now has over 10,000 pupils and staff throughout the country, giving EWFM ultimate responsibility for ensuring exceptional standards across its UK facilities.
Main Services Delivered
- Consultancy advice
- Reactive maintenance
- Development of service contracts
- Compliance with statutory and ‘good practice’ legislation
- Property condition surveys
- 24/7 Service Desk support
- Management and development of supply chain
- Due diligence and negotiation of funding
- Development of BIM function
Achievements in Year One
- Completion of statutory compliance audits in all originally awarded schools – now progressing with new schools as Star Academies takes on additional sponsored academies
- Implementation of service contracts and statutory testing in coordination with the individual schools
- Implementation of individual school development plans and the creation of a needs-based, condition-led annual capital programme for Star Academies
- Management and negotiation of funding from the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) to address immediate estates issues identified as part of due diligence for three additional sponsored academies – developments included immediate repairs, building refurbishment and remodelling
- Extensive development to the supply chain
- Introduction of new policies to be rolled out across Star Academies – for example introducing a strengthened approach to water management and a new Water Safety Policy, fully incorporating the requirements of the L8 regulations governing legionella to ensure total compliance across the estate
- Various works with Star Academies’ capital development team in relation to BIM (Building Information Management)
- Development of Lifecycle Development Plans for individual schools