Ribblesdale Drive, Forton
The three-acre ‘Bowland Gardens’ development is situated just off the A6 and will comprise 22 detached family homes, two bungalows and three affordable housing properties.
Each property at Bowland Gardens offers beautifully appointed spacious accommodation featuring the best in contemporary design and comfort.
The plot includes ten different house types ranging from 900 sq ft to 1,565 sq ft, constructed by Eric Wright Special Projects.
Each property includes;
- Contemporary kitchens with a range of integrated appliances including hob, oven, extractor fan and fridge freezer
- Laminate worktops with upstands
- Designer bathrooms with Vitra sanitary ware, Hansgrohe shower fittings and taps. Tiling by Porcelanosa.
- En-suite to master bedroom
- Energy efficient gas central heating
- UPVC double glazing
- Flagged paths and patios
- Single or double garages on all plots
- NHBC 10 year structural warranty
The scheme was undertaken on a sloping site with retained structures and an existing rising main.
The site is located within a small village with restricted access and close to a local primary school. All deliveries were timed to avoid school hours and every effort was made to minimise disruption for local residents.
The site team have interacted with the local school, donating materials and organising a poster competition, a Health and Safety talk and funding an ice cream van visit on last day of term.
A number of goodwill gestures have to made to neighbouring properties and Applethwaite Homes sponsored the local Forton cricket team, Shireshead Ladies and also donated £500 to Forton Scout Group’s annual plant sale, on the basis that the plants would be used to further improve the village’s landscaping.
91% of labour was from within 37 miles of site and 80% of materials were sourced from within this area.