CareersInterview hints and tips
Interview hints and tips
Hints and tips – CV writing
- Research the company so that you are able to show interest and knowledge about what we do.
- Interview location. If you are unsure of the location of the office for the interview it can be worthwhile checking it out a few days beforehand. If you are driving think about the time of day you will be travelling and the traffic you might encounter. If you are using public transport make sure your chosen method of transport will get you to the interview location on time.
- Practice. Think about what we will want to know about you and your experience. Be able to show case how your background and what you have achieved to date will fit into the role you are applying for.
- Be on time. That actually means being early. You don’t want to be flustered by rushing through the door just as your interview should be starting or worse still 5 minutes late. Instead arrive about 5-10 minutes before your interview time so that you can check in with reception and calm your nerves.
- The interview panel are not there to trip you up. Remember they want to get the best out of you and will do their best to give you every opportunity to show how you meet the requirements of the role.
- If you are unsure of a question then ask the interview panel to explain in a little more detail what they are looking for.
- Try to relax and enjoy the experience. It is all about you and how you will become an asset to the company.
“TOP TIP: Be yourself, try to relax and enjoy the interview experience. We want you to do your best and reach your full potential. ”