Environmental & Sustainability
At Eric Wright, environmental protection is an important part of our work, and we are committed to operating our business in a wholly responsible way to preserve the world in which we all live.
With the environment and its majoring factors placed so highly on the agenda within all of our schemes we, as a company, have taken many steps to address this.
We have identified key objectives within the development of our business which will continually improve our overall environmental performance. We are doing this in the following ways:
- Manage our ISO 14001 accreditation through our internal auditing process
- Staff training and awareness around recycling and waste minimisation
- Minimising waste to landfill through reduce, reuse, recycle
- Only working with a dedicated supply chain with robust waste management procedures
- Being proactive in implementing CL:AIRE (contaminated land: applications in real environments)
- Reducing the impact on the environment through rigorous risk evaluations
- Smarter and more efficient design and construction achieving BREEAM Excellent for health, office, schools and in-use.
- High EPC for our health and commercial portfolio
- Greening of fleet vehicles and company cars to reduce carbon emissions and reduce our overall carbon footprint
- Carbon footprint collecting - analysing data on transport and energy use from all areas of the business allows us to find new ways of reducing our carbon footprint
- Local sourcing of materials and labour
- Use of on-line tools such as WRAP, the Carbon Trust, the Energy Saving Trust , together with the training and accreditation of in-house BREEAM assessors to support our clients in the achievement of BREEAM
- Set targets to reduce energy consumption and raise staff awareness of preventing waste.
For more information please view our policies: